How To Keep Roaches Out Of Your Bay Area Home
February 20, 2023
A few things are synonymous with the Bay Area; the Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, and, unfortunately, cockroaches. These pests are a notorious problem in the area, and if you're not careful, they can quickly move into your home.
Don't worry; we're here to help at Bay Pest Solution Inc. With pest control in The Bay Area, keeping roaches out of your home is easy.
With a little effort, you can ensure these pests stay where they belong, outside!
Are These Cockroaches In My House?
The first step in keeping cockroaches out of your home is ensuring you have them. These pests are experts at hiding, so it can be tricky to spot them. There are a few telltale signs, though, that you can look for:
- Cockroaches are most active at night, so if you see one during the day, it's a good indication that you have an infestation.
- These pests are attracted to food, so if you find cockroaches in your kitchen or pantry, it's a good sign that they're looking for a meal.
- Cockroaches leave behind droppings that look like small, dark pellets. If you spot these, it's a good indication that cockroaches have been in the area.
- Whenever you hear rustling in your walls or ceilings, it could be cockroaches. These pests are known for making noise as they move around inside homes.
If you spot any of these signs of cockroaches in your home, it's time to take action!
Can Cockroaches In My House Really Make Me Sick?
One of the biggest concerns people have about cockroaches is whether or not they can make us sick. Unfortunately, the answer is yes. Cockroaches carry several diseases, including salmonella, staph, and E. coli. They can also trigger asthma and allergic reactions in some people.
Getting rid of cockroaches is vital if you spot them in your home. The sooner you take action, the less chance these pests make you or your family sick.
Eliminate Factors That Attract Cockroaches Into Your Home
Now that you know how to spot their presence and why you need to eliminate them, let's discuss how to deter cockroaches and keep them out of your house. The following things attract cockroaches, and eliminating these will help keep these pests away:
- Cockroaches are attracted to food: One of the best things you can do is keep your kitchen clean. Wipe up spills immediately, and don't leave food out on counters or in sinks.
- These pests are also attracted to moisture: One of the best ways to keep them away is to keep your home dry. Fix any leaks, and make sure your windows and doors are well-sealed.
- Cockroaches like to hide in dark, small spaces: One way to deter them is to declutter your home and keep it well-lit.
By eliminating these factors, you'll make your home much less attractive to cockroaches.
How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches?
If you already have cockroaches in your home, don't panic. There are a few things you can do to get rid of them.
The first step is to clean your home thoroughly; this will remove any food or water sources attracting cockroaches into your home. Next, you'll want to seal any cracks or holes these pests could use to get into your home. You can use traps, baits, or sprays to eliminate cockroaches. These products are at most hardware stores. While you can take these steps to get rid of roaches, your best option is to call a cockroach exterminator in The Bay Area.
With Bay Pest Solution Inc.'s cockroach control in The Bay Area, you can eliminate cockroaches and prevent them from returning.