Here's How To Get Rid Of Oriental Cockroaches In Frisco Homes
December 26, 2021
Cockroaches can be a major problem in Bay Area homes due to their skills in infiltrating hard-to-reach areas and the many diseases that they carry. Read on for the best tips on keeping all types of cockroaches out of your Bay Area home.
Type Of Cockroaches In The Bay Area
There are four main types of cockroaches in the Bay Area that you may commonly encounter around your home. It is important to note that not only are these cockroaches dirty, but they can be dangerous as they introduce bacteria and pathogens into your home. Prevention is key when it comes to deterring this pest and stopping any potential negative consequences.
- American Cockroach: Larger, brownish in color
- Brown-Banded Cockroach: Average size, brown with banding on wings
- Oriental Cockroach: Larger, dark brown in color
- German Cockroach: Smaller, tannish, or light brown in color
Signs Of Cockroach Infestation And Cockroach Prevention
As mentioned above, cockroach prevention steps are vital in detecting the first signs of a cockroach infestation and stopping this pest from overrunning your home. Indicators that you might have a cockroach problem include seeing smear marks, cockroach droppings (which look like pepper), or the pests themselves around your home.
As part of cockroach prevention tactics, you should clean up any clutter around your home. Roaches love clutter, so a deep clean is an excellent place to start. Be sure that you get under often forgotten or untouched cockroach hotspots, such as under heavy appliances and the back of cupboards. It is also important to be aware that all cockroaches can survive off of the smallest crumbs. Proper food storage and cleanliness around your home are essential in preventing this pest.
How To Deter Cockroaches
If you want to learn how to deter cockroaches, you should be following the below prevention tips. These are some of the best ways to get rid of cockroaches aside from investing in professional cockroach pest control:
- Inspect and seal off potential cockroach entry points around your home. This includes areas like the cracks and gaps in windows, doors, or your home’s foundation. You should also invest in window and door screens or weather stripping and make an effort to keep exterior doors closed as much as possible.
- Address any moisture issues around your home, as this is a big attractor for cockroaches.
- Fix up leaks both inside and outside your proper and ensure there is adequate ventilation throughout your house.
- Proper food and trash storage are essential in preventing cockroaches. Ensure that all trash is disposed of promptly in tightly sealed bags and trash cans in addition to storing leftover food properly. You should also clean up any dirty dishes or food and drink spills as soon as possible, as this aroma is a significant cockroach attractor.
- Keep your yard clear of debris, especially organic debris, and ensure that the grass stays trimmed low. This will reduce the number of outdoor hiding spots that cockroaches may have around your property.
Cockroach Pest Control
One of the best ways to get rid of cockroaches is by investing in professional cockroach pest control. The professionals at Bay Pest Solution will be able to provide your home with effective, safe solutions that result in your property being completely cleared of this dangerous, nightmare pest. Contact Bay Pest Solution today for the best form of cockroach control.