Everything You Need To Know About Proper Ant Control In The Bay Area
January 17, 2023
The Bay Area is known for its diverse and thriving ecosystem, but insects like ants are unwelcome residents in many homes. Ant control can be difficult, as there are multiple species of ants that commonly invade Bay Area homes.
Effective ant control requires a thorough inspection and treatment by Bay Pest, a leader in Bay Area pest control. Treatment plans vary, depending on the species. Simply removing visible ants will not solve an infestation problem, as the colony will continue to send out new workers to find food sources. It’s important to know what type of ants you’re dealing with.
Common Types Of Ants That Plague Bay Area Homes
The most common ant types that plague Bay Area homes include the Argentine ant, odorous house ant, and carpenter ant. It is important to control problem ant populations in order to protect your home and maintain a comfortable living space.
Argentine ants are brown and between 1/16 and 1/4 inch long. You may see these ants moving in long trails up trees or the sides of buildings, or even inside your home.
Odorous house ants may be black or brown and are about ⅛ inch long. When crushed, they give off a foul odor, which is how they earned their name.
Carpenter ants are larger than most other species and are typically black but may be brown, red, or both black and red. They are unique in that they build nests inside of wooden structures, which can cause damage over time.
It is important to properly identify the type of ant infestation in order to effectively control and eliminate them. Consulting with a pest control professional can help ensure the effective eradication of these persistent pests. Professional pest control ant treatment services are your best bet to effectively eliminate an ant infestation.
All The Problems Ants Can Cause In The House
Ants may seem small and harmless, but they can actually cause big problems in the household. Some issues caused by these tiny pests are:
- Contamination of food. Ants can crawl into pantries and contaminate stored items with their saliva and feces. This can lead to illness if contaminated food is consumed.
- Property damage. Certain types of ant species, such as carpenter ants, can cause significant damage to wooden structures in the home.
- Spread diseases. They often travel through unsanitary areas and can carry bacteria on their bodies. These bacteria can then be transferred onto surfaces in the household, potentially causing illness for those who come into contact with them.
Ants are very difficult to get rid of once they have infested an area. It is important to take preventative measures to keep ants out of your home, rather than deal with an infestation later.
Natural Ant Prevention Tips For Bay Area Homes
When you have an ant problem, the best course of action is to opt for professional ant control. However, there are steps you can take to help prevent ant infestations before they begin. The following five ant prevention tips will stop ants in their tracks.
- Keep your kitchen clean. Wiping down counters and cleaning floors regularly can help prevent ants from being attracted to food crumbs.
- Seal off any cracks or openings in your home. Ants can sneak in through small spaces, so sealing them up can prevent infestations.
- Use natural deterrents such as peppermint oil or cucumber peel. These scents can repel ants and keep them away from your home.
- Store garbage properly. Use trash cans with lids, dispose of trash frequently, and keep garbage containers clean.
- Address moisture issues. Standing water and moist areas can provide water sources for ants.
Overall, taking preventative measures and utilizing ant control solutions can help keep ants from invading your home.
What Is The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants?
Bay Pest is the best professional solution for ants. Our highly trained technicians use effective methods to eliminate ant infestations and prevent future problems. We take pride in providing excellent customer service and offer flexible scheduling options to accommodate busy lifestyles.
Trust in the experts at Bay Pest for all your ant pest control needs. Call us today for a free consultation.